So, you want to make a Canadian immigration application soon?

By Author: Admin | August 20, 2011

So, you want to make a Canadian immigration application soon?

You can either make an application to stay temporarily to Work in Canada, Study in Canada or Visit Canada.


Choose the Canadian immigration application that’s right for you!

If you want to apply for a Canadian immigration application on a more permanent basis, you have the option of

  • Skilled Worker Class,
  • Business Class,
  • Canadian Experience Class or
  • Québec-Selected Skilled Workers Class amongst others.

Or, if you’d like to sponsor a family member, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children, you can do that too.

In this article, we shall deal mainly with those who wish to make a Canadian immigration application on a more permanent basis.

Skilled Worker Class

Note that all applicants in this class must complete and submit their application to the Central Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.

All applicants must also complete the Fee Payment Form –Application for Permanent Residence –Federal Skilled Worker (Form IMM 5620) whichever payment method they choose, but beware, credit card payments are allowed but risky unless you are certain your credit card company allows the transaction to go through.

You will be judged in either of two categories provided you have passed the written and/or oral language tests in English of French.


  • At least one year continuous experience in one of the 29 National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes on the current occupation list, but must not be partial, combined time in more than one NOC.  There is a limit of 500 applications per year up to a maximum of 500 applications (5%) of this to be in any one NOC.


  • You must have an Arranged Offer of Employment from an employer.

There are two other methods for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents, and they are:

  • A Provincial Nominee or
  • Québec Skilled Worker

Business Class

For those wishing to proceed with a Canada immigration application under the Business Class  as self-employed, the rules were simplified on September 1, 2006, however, as of December 1, 2010, those wishing to apply to the Immigrant Investor Program do not qualify for this simplified process. If you’re applying under this class, you must do so in the Regular Application Process.

Beware that as of June 2011, there is a moratorium on the processing of entrepreneurs under the Federal Immigration Program.

Canadian Experience Class

For the Canadian Experience Class, as of June 26, 2010, all applicants in this class must submit the original documents of their test results in either French or English from a designated language testing agency.  Self-Written submissions of proficiency, or third party testimonials of language proficiency will no longer be accepted.

All applicants must also have work experience in Canada (for two years) or studies for at least two years, graduating from certain Canadian post-secondary institutions and thereafter, work experience for one year in certain occupations.

Québec-Selected Skilled Workers Class

Under the Canada-Québec Accord on Immigration, Québec establishes its own immigration policies and only selects immigrants who will adapt well to living in Québec. Amongst these policies is the requirement that all immigrants speak and write French fluently as Québec is 80% Francophone!

If you’d like to be considered as a future resident and citizen of Québec, then you must apply to the Québec Government for a certificate of selection (Certificate de selection du Québec).

The visa office in Abidjan, Ivory Coast has been temporarily closed since early December 2010.  Since then, Québec-selected works from Burkina-Faso, Cameroon,  Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Mauritania, Niger and Senegal must send their application for permanent residence to: Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Québec Skilled Workers, Centralized Intake Office, PO Box 8888, Sydney, Nova Scotia, B1P 0C9

Some of the above details can be found on the Canadian Government’s website.

For much more information, you can call Max Chaudhary on 416 447 6118 or email him at

Intrigued? Have Questions?

Want to know more about a Canadian immigration application?  Ask the expert!


New Graphic
New Comers Guide To Canada

Our strict privacy policy keeps your email address 100% safe & secure.

I was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario Canada. I am an accomplished author and lecturer and am consulted by the media and other immigration lawyers and consultants on immigration matters and challenging immigration cases, appeals, and federal court matters.

Please call me for any Canadian immigration issues or concerns you may have: 416-447-6118

Read more about Chaudhary Law Office on Google places, Twitter, and Linkedin.

For Immediate Immigration Help,
Call Us Now

Contact Information

Chaudhary Law Office
18 Wynford Drive Suite 707, Toronto
Ontario , M3C 3S2 Canada
Phone: 416-447- 6118
Fax: 416-447-6746

Client Testimonials

Salam Max

MY spouse [xxxxxx] has received her passport back with the immigrant Visa and landing papers and other related doxs. All of the dox are attatched for your references. congratulations and Thanks Thanks Thanks


Hello again Max

I just wanted to thank you again for your exertions yesterday and for all your preparation leading up to the hearing. I felt that I was well represented and that you articulated the issues and the argument for my case very clearly. Look forward to hearing from the judge next. Hope you are feeling better today,

-Anne Marie

Read More