Name Change In Toronto Ontario

Application for a Name Change

Name change in ontario

Application for a Name Change

Name change in ontario

In Ontario you can Apply for a Name Change if you are 16 years of age or older and you have lived for the past 12 months in the Province of Ontario.There are some additional requirements applicable for certain people such as individuals who are under the age of 18 or if they are married.
An Application for a name change is made by submitting a form, the required documentation and the associated Processing fees to Service Ontario.
For more information individuals are invited to visit Service Ontario’s website:

In Ontario individuals do not require to have a particular reason to change their name unlike other provinces where name changes are allowed in exceptional circumstance.

Individuals who were not born in Canada sometimes require submitting documentation that demonstrates what name they used when they came to Canada. If you are unable to obtain a copy of the original landing documents you used to enter Canada we can assist you in obtaining them by applying for a document that can demonstrate to Service Ontario what name you originally used to enter Canada. Although not always required in some cases it is a requirement to submit such documentation. Such is the case for Convention Refugees who entered Canada without a birth certificate or other documentation that can demonstrate what name they had before entering Canada. If you are contemplating applying for a name change and require assistance, contact us today to book a paid consultation.

Your personal details are safe with us.

Other areas of interest


You may also

Book your consultation by filling out the form below

We Have a Great Resource

The Immigration Webinar You Can't Miss on June 20 2024 at 1800 (i.e. 6 pm EDT)

Call Now