How To Become a Canadian Citizen
There are significant additional benefits extended to Canadian citizens over those given to permanent residents of Canada. The Chaudhary Law Office is pleased to provide service in Citizenship applications. Persons who have obtained their permanent residence and have been residing in Canada for four years in a six-year period are eligible for Canadian citizenship. Applicants are also required to undergo a citizenship test to demonstrate knowledge about Canada, as well as a language test as proof of ability to communicate in either English or French. However, persons under the age of 14 do not need to meet these requirements, and these requirements may be waived for people over the age of 64. At the final stage of the process, applicants will be awarded their citizenship card by a Judge at a special ceremony. There is an ability to request judicial review against a refused citizenship application. This can be exercised only within 30 days of the date of the refused citizenship decision.
Canadian citizens who are refused an application for the granting of a passport or have their passport revoked, require legal representation before an adjudicator who has the authority to reinstate a person’s ability to apply for a passport.
- Canadian Sponsorship of Adopted Children and Other Relatives for Permanent Residence: A Brief Overview of the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
- Express Entry Draw of May 26, 2017 – FSTC lowest to Date
- Hearings at the Immigration Division – Admissibility and Detention Review
- Sponsoring Children for permanent residence in Canada when Custody is an Issue
- Canada Border Service Agency – Greater Toronto Enforcement Centre
- Claiming Refugee Protection from the Canada-US border
- Anyone Can Be A Representative under Canada’s Immigration Website
- An Alternative Dispute Resolution at the Immigration Refugee Board – Withdraw?
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s update’s its Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents for 2017
- Removal Orders in the Canadian Immigration Law Context