Study in Canada
All foreign persons seeking to study at a Canadian school, college, or university must obtain a study permit which allows the applicant to remain in Canada as a temporary resident for the duration of their studies. To quality for a study permit, the applicant first gain admission into a Canadian school and also be able to demonstrate that they have the sufficient funds to pay for their schooling and living expenses in Canada. Canadian immigration authorities may assess whether they believe the applicant will return to their home country upon completion of their studies in Canada.
- Part I – Express Entry – The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Are you a Foreign National in Canada and just graduated?
- Judicial Review or Appeal in the Immigration Law Context
- Canada’s Detention Review Hearings, a brief overview
- Criminally inadmissible into Canada, now what?
- Slippery Policies Behind Proposed Changes to Work Permits and Temporary Foreign Workers’ Rules
- Is Canada the best place to immigrate to? (A Response to a Quora Reader)
- Job Offers to Support an Immigration Application under Express Entry
- I’m repatriating to Canada, do I need to prove I have taken certain vaccines to get back in?
- Consular Offices/ Embassies and Canada Immigration