Canadian Work Permit and Visas
Often, the process of obtaining a work permit begins after an applicant has received an offer of employment in Canada. After the applicant has obtained an offer of employment, the Chaudhary Law Office can help in the temporary work permit application process.
Many people are required to obtain a validation (or labour market opinion) of their job offer from Human Resources and Social Development Canada before a work permit can be issued. The employer must demonstrate to HRSDC that someone such as the applicant is needed to fill the position. Once HRSDC has validated the job offer, the work permit application can be made to a Citizenship and Immigration Canada visa office outside of Canada. Like many other immigration applications, the Canadian immigration authorities (or visa office) will assess the applicant to determine whether she is admissible to Canada before issuing the work permit.
People in Canada seeking to employ a nanny, or a live-in caregiver, also require a labor market opinion. The ease of obtaining such an opinion depends on the current policy at Human Resources and Social Development Canada.
Other people are exempt from the requirement to obtain a labor market opinion. For example, intracompany transfers of senior managers or people with specialized knowledge do not require a labor market opinion. Similarly, entrepreneurs or self-employed applicants seeking to operate a business in Canada who demonstrate a significant benefit to Canada do not need a labor market opinion.
- IRCC News Update August 2018 – Processing Times, and Biometrics
- Reviewing The Reviewers: A Guide to Online Reviews of Lawyers
- Canadian Sponsorship of Parents to Increase to 17000
- The Polarizing World of Irregular Migrants
- Competing Priorities Under Canada’s Immigration Laws
- CIC News June 2018
- Citizenship Revocation recent update
- The Permanent Residence program for live-in Caregivers is coming to an End
- How to Apply for a Study permit for Canada – the logic of a study permit from outside of Canada
- I have a visitor Status in Canada can I apply for a work permit in Canada?