Alberta Provincial Nominee Program
Alberta’s economy is one of the fastest growing out of Canada’s provinces. Accordingly, there are short term labour needs that may be filled by foreign workers. The government of Alberta has a program where employers based in Alberta can express the need for a foreign worker. Similarly, there are certain types of workers that do not require a confirmation of the job offer (such as through a labour market opinion), such as intra-company transferees. Most other job offers must be accompanied by a labour market opinion, or arranged employment opinion
Short term employment can lead to permanent residency in Canada. In some cases lower skilled jobs can qualify, depending on the skills in demand in Alberta. Employers in Alberta who can express a need to the appropriate authorities in fields such as the Food and Beverage Processing Industry, the Hotel and Lodging Industry, the Manufacturing Industry, the Long-Haul Trucking Industry, and the Foodservices Industry, can offer employment to a foreign national.
Alberta also accepts workers in other more diverse jobs requiring higher skill levels who possess a certified job offer.
A foreign national seeking such employment in Alberta must demonstrate the ability to perform the job, possess a certain level of English language ability, and satisfy a Federal visa officer outside of Canada of the intention to work in accordance with the terms of the job being offered.
- Anyone Can Be A Representative under Canada’s Immigration Website
- An Alternative Dispute Resolution at the Immigration Refugee Board – Withdraw?
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s update’s its Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents for 2017
- Removal Orders in the Canadian Immigration Law Context
- Letter of Invitation for a visitor visa in the Canadian Immigration context
- Recent Changes to the Express Entry’s Comprehensive Ranking system
- PART III: Express Entry – The Canadian Experience Class
- PART II: Express Entry – The Canadian Skilled Trades Program
- Part I – Express Entry – The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Are you a Foreign National in Canada and just graduated?